- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I SELECT?
- DO UGGIES STRETCH?
- WHAT STYLE IS MORE SUITABLE TO WIDER CALVES?
- WHAT STYLE IS MORE SUITABLE TO A HIGH INSTEP?
- SHOULD I WEAR SOCKS WITH MY UGGIES?
- ARE YOUR UGGIES WATERPROOF?
- CAN I WEAR UGGIES IN THE SNOW?
- HOW DO I CLEAN AND LOOK AFTER MY UGGIES?
- DO YOUR PROVIDE A WARRANTY ON YOUR UGGIES?
- DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS AND EXCHANGES?
- HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE TO ARRIVE?
- WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU SHIP TO?
- WILL I PAY IMPORT TAX?
- ARE YOUR UGGIES MADE IN AUSTRALIA?
- WHERE DOES YOUR SHEEPSKIN COME FROM?
- DO YOU SELL THE DECKERS ‘UGG’ BRAND?
- HOW DOES THIS TRADEMARK AFFECT CUSTOMERS?
- WHAT LABELS/BUTTONS WILL MY UGGIES CARRY?
- What size should I select? It's important to note that our website refers to Australian sizes that may differ to what you generally refer to when shopping. You should follow our sizing chart to ensure correct sizing and measure your foot to get your best fit. Please see our sizing guide for more information.
- Do uggies stretch? Sheepskin boots can stretch up to half a size wherever there is pressure around your feet and legs. Unless you prefer a loose fit, your new boots should be very snug without toes curling or hurting. Snugness should be felt mostly over the bridge of your feet to prevent your feet from moving up and down.
- What style is more suitable to wider calves? We recommend measuring your calf area before your purchase. If calves exceed 38cm you should avoid purchasing anything above the mid-calf area unless it is a lace up boot. These styles have the ability to widen due to their laces, and therefore, give more flexibility.
- What style is more suitable to a high instep? The ‘Alpine Boot’ and ‘Mini Alpine Boot’ is designed with extra space over the bridge. These styles are also slightly wider around the sides and bridge area than the traditional style. The ‘Ankle Boot’ style is also designed for high instep and wider feet as the stitching comes upwards rather than across the bridge.
- Should I wear socks with my uggies? This is optional! We recommend enjoying the full effect of sheepskin warmth without socks as the natural breathing fibers of sheepskin regulate heat. Most Aussies prefer wearing sheepskin boots with no socks on.
- Are your uggies waterproof? No, they are not waterproof. You can however make them more water resistance using our sheepskin protector. This will repel the water from absorbing in the sheepskin and from leaving unwanted water stains. More information can be found on the product care page of our website.
- Can I wear your uggies in snow? No, classic sheepskin boots are not suitable for snow, even though they are associated with snow due to their warmth. Sheepskin boots are not water proof and taking them in deep snow will saturate them resulting in freezing feet. Boots customised with an ‘Outdoor Sole’ will provide you with some limited protection; however these will only protect you from a couple of cm of depth.
- How do I clean and look after my uggies? Directions for cleaning and caring for your sheepskin boots can be found on the product care page of our website.
- Do you provide a warranty on your uggies? Yes, our products carry a minimum of 3 months warranty from date of purchase, against defective materials and workmanship. Note: This warranty does not cover general wear and tear! For all other warranty claims the product must be returned within 7 days of the fault occurring. The product under claim must be accompanied by proof of purchase i.e. Receipt. For more information see our returns and exchanges page.
- Do you accept returns and exchanges? Yes, please see our returns and exchanges page for more information.
- How long will my order take to arrive? Keep in mind your boots are made once your order is received, however information on transit times and methods of shipping can be found on our shipping and delivery page. If you needed your order by a specific date, it would be best to state it on your order or contact us.
- Which countries do you ship to? We ship worldwide! Yay!!! However, labeling on your boots may vary depending on destination.
- Will I pay import tax? Not if your delivery address is within Australia, however with international deliveries it depends on each countries laws and regulations. You or the recipient may be liable to pay import tax and other related charges so it is always best to check with local authorities first. That means if you’re a local Aussie purchasing a gift to send directly overseas through us, please ensure you are aware of any import taxes your recipient may be subjected to.
- Are your uggies made in Australia? Yes of course they are!!! That’s our whole deal… wanting to make it easier for consumers to find high-quality 100% Australian-made sheepskin boots. This means none of our supplier’s import sheepskin or other components from outside Australia and by purchasing with us you are supporting the original industry and craftsmanship of Australian workers.
- Where does your sheepskin come from? Depending on which manufacturer your chosen product comes from determines where the sheepskin is sourced. You’re guaranteed however that our Australian boot makers all use the highest grades made available locally, with the main breed of sheepskin ideal for our boots being ‘merino-cross’. These breeds come from key regions across Australia such Ballarat, Bendigo, Echuca, Cobram, Colac, and Wangaratta in Victoria. South Australia boasts the Murray Bridge and Naracoorte regions whilst key areas in New South Wales include Goulburn Valley, Wagga, Orange and Bathurst.
- Do you sell the Deckers ‘UGG’ brand? No, Aussie Uggies is not affiliated with the American owned Deckers brand ‘UGG’ nor do we stock this label which is predominantly made in China. They are not an Australian company however, they did successfully trademark the generic word ugg outside of Australia and therefore our own labeling differs when shipped overseas.
- How does this trademark affect customers? Unfortunate for those living outside Australia it’s not possible to purchase boots from our online store with the recognisable word ‘ugg’ dominant on our boot labels and buttons. In Australia it is well known that the word ‘ugg’ is a generic term which refers to a sheepskin boot, but when Deckers trademarked this word Australian manufacturers had to change their labels for overseas customers. The only way to purchase our boots with the original labels stitched on is to purchase a pair within Australia… or you could just move down under. Don’t worry; if you’re already an Aussie resident then your orders are shipped as photographed.
- What labels/buttons will my uggies carry? All our products come with a swing tag featuring the ‘Australian Made’ and the ‘Australian Sheepskin Association’ logos. These logos guarantee these items are Australian made and that the manufacturer’s factory has been audited by the Australian Sheepskin Association. While photos on our website represent only the style and colour for Australian orders, overseas customers can rest assure you’re purchasing original quality products that have ‘Made in Australia’ tags sewn in and a label sewn onto the back of the heel. Please refer to the table below for what labels and/or buttons your boots will carry;
FOR AUSTRALIAN ORDERS
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
FOR USA ORDERS
Australian Ugg Boots Pty Ltd Label
|Australian Ugg Boots Pty Ltd Button||
|Binder Enterprise Pty Ltd Label||
*Australian customer’s orders are as photographed throughout our online store.
** Label colours are matched back to your chosen boot during production.